Monday, April 6, 2009

Its a...............




Boy!
Yep, no mistaking (According to the sonogram technician, she would bet money on it). Let me back up so you get the full picture of the day.
We had decided to wait and see what you were going to be until we went home for easter so that your relatives could be there to share in our excitement. Late this after noon at 5:00 we all met at First Glimpse in Baton Rouge. Me, daddy, meymey, and mawmaw sissy all rode together. We met up with your Aunt Kelley who had your cousins Brittany and Maverick with her.
When we got there, the technician led me and daddy into a room by ourselves. There was a big table there and I had to climb up a ladder to get on it. The technician got me ready and when I was set and in place, she put daddy in front of a monitor so that he could see you real clearly. Then, he went and got everyone else and they sat on couches and looked at a big screen tv.
At first she couldn't see you too well. Then we saw your heartbeat which was 156. I saw a black mark on your stomach and I got worried and asked her what it was. She said that was good cause it meant that your bladder and stomach was working. She tried to push you over and then out of no where she said, "I think I see the tip of a boy part." I was in shock! Daddy and I had convinced ourselves that you were a girl. She said, wait, I need a closer look. She had me roll on my side so that she could get a better view. Then she said, Yep! That is definately a penis. I then said, are you sure? And moments later you grabbed your male parts and the technician said that that was definately confirmation.
Your cousin Maverick climbed up on the steps and said "I see it, I see it" and then he looked at me and said "Ashley, how you going to get that out of there?" He was excited you were a boy.
Well, you will have lots of kids to play with. You have 11 boy cousins and 4 girl cousins. Not to mention a big brother who I will post more information about in a bit.
Well, you were definately a boy! We were excited. We all went to Don's in Baton Rouge to celebrate. I was in shock most of the meal. We called everyone else to let them know what you were. They were happy too.
So now we will gear up for our baby boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment