Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Your Name is.....Parker McKay Nicholas!


Finally, my little man has a name. Parker McKay Nicholas. Right after your Mawmaw Betty. She sure was excited Easter when we told her that. She has 3 grandchildren and 7 great grandchildren and you are the first to be named after her. It is her maiden name.
But coming up with a name for you was not easy! Daddy and I have been talking about boy baby names since before we were married. I knew this was going to be our biggest argument. He liked very taditional, very southern names and I liked more upbeat modern names. We must have gone through hundreds of names!
This is how we got your name. When we were on our way home from finding out you were a boy, your mawmaw Sissy said, how about the name Parker. I said Oh! I love that name and daddy wasn't so sure.
Later that night we were going round and round what your name should be. I told daddy that I couldn't rest until our little bean had a name. The next morning, I told daddy, if I can name him Parker McKay, I would agree never to put you in a smocked outfit. Daddy immediately agreed. Your name fits you. Parker McKay Nicholas.
I keep thinking that sounds like a good name. I started telling people your name and they love it too.
I can't wait to put a face with that name!

No comments:

Post a Comment