Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Now what??????????

Ok so today honey, we went in for a normal routine Dr. appointment and ultrasound. Daddy has made it back and so he was with me. The nurse put daddy in a room while I did the normal intake things. The nurse told me that my blood pressure was running a little high. Then they checked my urine and said that I was spilling protein in it. I was like wait.....hold up.....what???? I was so confused.
See little man, today was supposed to be special in that it was going to be PLANNED. We were supposed to find out the date that you would arrive by talking with the doctor and working to see what was best for everyone. These results changed everything.
I've been going to the Doctor twice a week so that you could do the non-stress tests and so that they could check the amniotic fluid. Everything has been fine up until today. Dr. Ahoya wanted me to go to the Maternal Fetal Medicine doctors and have them measure you and see what else is going on. Well you weighed 8lbs 12oz on this sonogram. Everything was perfect normal on the ultrasound, however my blood pressure wsa still elevated and you were still on the bigger side.
Three doctors came in and asked me how I felt about going up to labor and delivery? And I said for what?? I didn't know if they meant for monitoring or if they were going to take you out of me. He said just for observation but potentially for delivery.
I immediately panicked. I was soooo scared. Daddy was grinning from ear to ear. All I could think of was the million things that I haven't done yet like wash your clothes. I was holding off because they kept projecting you to be so big. So I didn't want to take the tags off of the newborn things if they weren't going to fit you. I also hadn't got your outfit monogrammed or your sheets washed or your carseat in the car, or a bag! I was freaking out!
So we listened to what the doctors had to say and went upstairs to labor and delivery. We sat in a triage room for about three hours while they ran more tests. The doctor came in and said to watch my blood pressure at home and to stay in bed. We also had to do a 24 hour test and drop the results in Montoursville the following day. So daddy and I went home and I was so relieved.
I washed all of your clothes tonight and sheets. We also put your stroller and car seat in the car. I feel a bit more prepared but not much. The doctors today called my bluff. I hope I will be a good mommy to you. I promise you I will do the very best I can. I love you little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment