Thursday, August 27, 2009

Still here.....




Soooo, today you were supposed to go home.
They came in this morning and they did the "big snip." Now you are circumcised. Your doctor graduated from LSU so I think she should be well trained! (A rare oddity in Pennsylvania). It looks DISGUSTING! I was not fully prepared to see that. They assure me that it is in good shape and looking the way it should, but it is YUCKY!
We can't go home now because you have developed jaundice. They tested you and said that you would need to be under a light until your bilirubin levels go down. They brought in a light and a blanket. They have stripped you down and now we are just hanging out. It is hard because I thought we were going to go home today. I'll stay as long as I need to, I just wish you felt better. I can't hold you much now either cause you have to stay under this light.
Hang in there my baby! We will make it home one of these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment